Dr. Guanjun Tan is currently a Display Exploration Engineer at Apple Inc. He is an experienced optical scientist and engineer working on the display-related optical innovations, especially for Virtual Reality & Augemented Reality, Organic LED, and Liquid Crystal.
Dr. Tan has published 35 journal papers, 28+ conference proceedings and 3+ issued US patents, with in total 1000+ citations. His expertise covers a variety of topics in optics and displays including:
- AR & VR optics: foveated display, waveguide AR, multi-focal & light-field displays
- OLED optics: optical simulation, system optimization
- µLED displays: color conversion, multi-primary colors
- LC displays: mini-LED local dimming, quantum dot, multi-primary colors, fast response time
- LC photonics: switchable grating & lens, beam steering, geometric-phase elements